cbotb

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lynzie Ilene...


Lynzie is such a sweetheart...

Did you know her birth certificate still says, Lindsey?
She was born Lindsey, but after a year we changed it to Lynzie,
and I haven't official changed it, as of yet.
(come on, it's only been 10 years!)
She's named after her great-great grandma Elizabeth Lindsey Thomas,
and her great grandma Ilene.
Over ten years ago,
I knew that there was one more person to add to our family and I knew that it was a little girl,
and I knew I wanted to name this little girl Lynzie.
but,
I wanted to name her Lindsey after my great-grandma, I was conflicted as to which spelling I wanted, I loved the spelling Lynzie, but I wanted to honor my great-grandma also,
I ask Kurt and he said he wanted to spell it L.Y.N.Z.I.E. so he could call her "Z"!
but,
at the last minute, I went with the spelling of Lindsey out of love and respect for my great-grandma, because after all that is who she was named after...
but,
with her first year of life, the spelling of Lindsey never stuck,
every time I said her name I always though of the other spelling,
so finally at her first birthday, I said, that's enough,
I'm going with the other spelling and I haven't regretted it since!
she's our LYNZIE.
(great-grandma Elizabeth Lindsey, grandma Ilene, my mom, & me, on my blessing day)

Lynzie always amazes me,
she is a sweet soul, and has always had a strong sense of where she came from and where she's going.
Three days ago, our church magazines came in the mail, and the first thing we always do is;
look in "The Friend" magazine to see if Lynzie is in there yet,
a while ago, a long, long while ago, Lynzie sent in a little story about an experience she had had and a picture of herself,
we know that it takes along time and that there is always a big chance of not getting into the magazine, but, it's always still fun to look!
As she was looking and reading,
she read an article about how to build your testimony in 4 simple step;

1- scriptures
2- prayer
3- worship
4- service
she cut out the page and taped it upstairs in her room,
she first read it to me with great seriousness and was concerned of how she was doing,
because her heart is so open, it touches her deeply,
she talks about it with me a lot and it strenghtens mine too.

This year she tried to read the Old Testament, but it was too confusing to her because of the language, and because hello, it's the Old Testament!
So, I suggested to her to try the New Testament and she,
being the Lynzie that she is, she's jumped into it with her big heart and has loved it,
and get this....
she's even taught me a thing or two about Herod
and how he tried to trick the 3 wise men!

Lynzie is such a sweetheart!



No comments: