cbotb

Tuesday, December 28, 2010


We are just trying to come down from our Christmas high....

Christmas was great, and I'm so glad Santa actually made it to our house...
altho, as we were sitting around the table eating Christmas dinner we all
(well, all of us except Lynzie, she was having no part of it!)
decided that next year we're going to adopt a Christmas family and fore go some of our presents, and then go shopping after Christmas and hit all the 75 percent off sales and pick up a little something for each other...

my kids are at the age where we can do that now!

Christmas day was a beautiful day with presents, family, food and fun,
then, later that evening we went to a baptism,
Have you every been to a baptism on Christmas day?
well, it just kind-of wraps things up for ya in a nice little spiritual package with a great big red bow on top!
We took Arik with us and it's always nice to share the spirit with others.
then, of course,
the next day was Sunday and we had our Christmas program in church,
I sang in the choir and was so uplifted to sing such beautiful songs all about our Savior and the icing on the cake for me was hearing Candice play the flute as we sang....
let's just say, it really doesn't get better than that!
I've still been humming the songs and get all goosey-bumped,
with a tear in my left eye,
every time I thing about it...
Candice is amazing, and she doesn't even know it.

so, of course,
yesterday was our day of just trying to relax, playing the x-box 360,
riding electric scooters, playing 'just dance2' and of course staying in our p.j.'s all day,
while all the while, smelling really good from all our yummy lotions and sugar scrubs from Santa!
it.was.nice.

but, today we are up and at 'em again,
all showered, shampooed, and shined!

I'm taking down Christmas decorations,
I've taken down 2 of my tree's, but I'll leave the big one up just for a few more days.

Kurt is sitting at Olive Garden in Tennessee, as we speak,
eating lunch with his mom, grandma, and his two sisters,
they drove out from Virginia,
just one of the perks of being able to drive yourself across the country in a big green truck!

wow, it's 2:20, time to go feed my kids lunch!
bye.

2 comments:

Jean said...

WOW! What a special Christmas.
That Candice IS truly amazing and she better know it, for sure!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas to me! I would love to hear Candice play the flute! How cool:)