cbotb

Thursday, December 16, 2010

It was fun to open my first gift early this morning, and get this....
it was a little shepherd boy, with a scripture from Luke 2:4 that read;
"And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem"
(because he was of the house and lineage of David)
I have a good feeling about this and it did tug at my heart...
I am indeed looking forward to the next 9 days,
I'll keep ya posted.

I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner, as in next week,
am I the only one who isn't finished with Christmas shopping,
truth be told, I haven't started...
altho, that's a scary thought, I know that next week, I'll be able to knock it all out...

Tomorrow,
the kids get out early for Christmas break,
I got out the card table today and set up the 750 piece puzzle,
it's a crazy puzzle that has so much small details,
we actually started it last year,
we'll see how far we get this season...
doing a puzzle is just one of those fun family traditions,
it's also so tedious that it gives the kids something to do over the break besides fight.

We're still waiting to hear word about the Utah job,
it's still up in the air but I'm feeling calm and content about the whole thing!
which has surprised me...

I am seriously thinking about homeschooling Lynzie for the second half of the school year???
she wants too...
there's pro's and con's of course,
but, nowadays it's such a popular thing, that it's made easier to do,
and I don't worry about Lynzie cuz she is a self-starter,
and loves to learn.

Kurt should be getting home in the next day or two,
and everyone is looking forward to Christmas,
of course, getting gifts is the best, but spending family time together is priceless to us these days,
it always makes me laugh cuz Kurt is like a celebrity when he comes home,
even little Sadie bids for his time and attention!
we all miss Kurt so much during the week while he's gone.
Oh, we'll try again sometime this week to do family pictures,
I've had to cancel two times already between every one's busy schedule
and it's killing me not to have them done already,
but....
I'm going to do them no matter what,
so just expect our family Christmas wishes later,
instead of sooner!

Caitlyn's 17th birthday is Sunday,
we'll be celebrating on Saturday and I have a few fun surprises up my sleeve for her!
We sure love her!

I've been having a bit of a maple donut problem the last few mornings....
those things are just toooo good!






No comments: