cbotb

Monday, October 25, 2010

Our Attitude of Gratitude...


Our theme for this month in sacrament mtg. has been
'Gratitude'.
The speakers said a few things that touched my heart....
it seems like I have forgotten to be grateful lately and I really needed to hear what was said....
our bishop stood up at the end of the meeting and encouraged us to make a list of the things we were grateful for, with
sheets of paper or whatever we wanted to use, anything that would work for our family,
(I used a big poster cuz I figured a family of 6,
we should have alot of things to be grateful for....)
the bishop recommended to place it somewhere central where it's very noticable,
so, I went to work and hung it up first thing when I got home
and while we ate our Sunday dinner I explained it to the kids,
they all seemed excited about it,
I just asked everyone to write at least one thing a day,
and then at Thanksgiving we can take down our poster and talk about all the things we have been grateful for.
Being grateful is a commandment and when your happy,
more happiness is added upon you.
and seeing that I've been so sad lately I'm sure this will help us all out of our rut!

my favorite one is;
'I am greatful for edgication'


1 comment:

Judi said...

love this idea! i loved the talk from conference and this is a great reinforcement.
hugs!