cbotb

Sunday, July 10, 2011

getting my craft back on...

Kurt and Lynzie are on there way to Utah....

Caitlyn is just plugging away with her fingers and therapy and learning how to bend them little babies again...

Spencer got back from Scout Camp yesterday,
and I've heard nothing but stories about snake, frogs, latrines, bugs that were so scary looking, and all the other gross things 12 year old boys see and do at camp,
the first day back he talked himself to sleep with so many stories of trying to recapture his week at camp!
surprisingly enough, we all missed him while he was gone,
but, it only took me about 6 minutes of him being home to get agitated with him while I was trying to convince him that he needed to take a shower!
(what is it with boys and showers?)

it's been a busy week, and a weird one too because in my minds eye, we should be packing up our stuff and making our move across the country,
but, we will stay for a few more weeks for Caitlyn's therapy,
that is the most important thing right now.

I notice I start to get styfled if I'm not being creative, or at least trying to do something for the better good, I haven't really done anything since we've moved here because,
well,
#1- everything is packed away in the garage,
#2- this is only a temporary situation.
but, the last couple days I've really been feeling it, and it's been festering for a while now,
so, I keep putting it off with big dreams of what I could do when we moved to Utah and could get my groove on again!
but,
i've been weepy and feeling sorry for myself for the last couple days and today I'd had it...
so,
I found this cute pillow case (on the left) at a second hand store, and i thought of making a pillow case dress for Lynzie, I've never made her one, but that's exactly what popped into my mind,
and I thought for $1 dollar, I really could not go wrong, right?
so, I started looking through all the pillow cases to try to find a matching piece for shoulder straps or extra material if i needed it, I was just about to resort to going to JoAnne's fabrics to find a matching piece when lo and behold, I found the one on the right and it matched perfectly, it must of been the matching set!
you can't see the cute design of the cases, but, I think when it's all said and done I can get a cute picture of Lynzie wearing it!
so, I came home and threw those puppies in a hot water cycle,
usually pillow cases and linens gross me out and I don't even buy them,
but these didn't....

so, while I had my sewing machine out,
I decided to do a project that has been on my "to do list" forever,
a cute shirt that I like but didn't like the 3/4 length sleeves,
so I cut them, hemmed them, and uses the left over sleeve material to make a flower!
I also sewed another little project...
see what happens when you deprive yourself for so long,
you end up going a little nuts!


I tweeked the flower again after I took the picture, it looks even better now!

does any one need anything sewed while i'm on a roll?
p.s. I can only sew straight lines!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! I wish I could sew!