cbotb

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

old photo folder

Did I mention how much I love old photo's,
this is a picture of my mom,
yes, that's my mom,
the mother of eight children...
sitting on the back porch with
child #7 and #8,
and yes, that is pink trim on our house,
and no, it's not there anymore!
the house is, the trim isn't...
that was back in the day when pink trim was cool,
huh,.... pink trim was never cool? ohhh,
my mother who is a striking black beauty,
decided to go platinum blond one summer,
who pulled it off very well, I might add!
who, is about the same age as I am now....
hey, how come I don't look like that!?!
Ten minutes later child #7 and #8 looked like this.....
ready for summer.....whewwww!
buzz cuts!

(folder 56 picture 32)

4 comments:

Jean said...

Julie, you are absolutely, stunningly beautiful. I wish I looked like you.
When I see pictures of days gone by, I wish I could go back in time and spend the day with the family when the picture was taken.
So thankful for our pictures.

chrissy said...

dang aunt jean! you were rocking that platinum hair!

Lowry said...

Those two little boys had to be the greatest little brothers ever. What great kids, then and even now. Love their Dad. Lowry

Anonymous said...

Wow - look at your gorgeous mom! Now it's just super obvious where you and your girls get their great looks from :) :)