cbotb

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Goals...

One of my New Years Resolutions
is to send everyone a birthday gift in my family this year....
I'm good at remembering everyone's b-day's
but
let's face it, there is nothing better than receiving
a small token of love!
I have a big family so, I'm guessin' about 36 tokens of love...
I've always wanted to do alittle better in the
b-day department, and so this is my year!
but, I have a few exceptions,
it will be a creative/fun gift from my heart, and creative on the finances too ,
and there are no promises' that it will be there ON your b-day,
altho, I'm shooting for that too,
I just don't want to feel like I've failed before I've even gotten started!
So, Monday is my nieces birthday, she's my first gift receiver.
she is a college student and so of course, every cute college girl needs a pair of
"book ends"
to make her dorm room look cute!
Here's where my creativity kicks in....
I found these at my local thrift store for $2.
Used some cute paper I had at home,
Added a little personal touch, only on one side,
and Whalaa....
Book ends, these will help Lauren be so smart,
hey, anything I can do to help, right!
(little Lauren and I ..... 19 years ago)
Happy Birthday Lauren Lou!
.
.
.

P.S. Lauren doesn't read my blog very often and so I feel safe,
but
just in case she does, won't she be so freakin' excited to receive these in her mailbox!
.
.
.
pss. I bet the rest of my family is so excited for there b-day's this year....
Deidre, you're next!
ha.ha

7 comments:

Abbie said...

Love them! Good work! So creative too. I would hve never thought to do this. Look at you being thoughtful.

Jean said...

Julie, you are so creative. What a clever, personal, frugal gift. I hope you post all the birthday gifts.

Judi said...

what a cute idea...i'm going to tell my friend about those bookends! She has to teach a class on decorating on a budget! she will love them. and i remember you looking like that picture!!

Christi said...

K those are so freakin cute. I wish I was crafty like you, but at least I can be excited for my b-day. Love ya!

chrissy said...

K, those are SO cute!

Unknown said...

CUTE! She'll love them! Hope your not on burn out by December!! LOL!

Erickson Fam said...

i LOVE that!! what a cute idea.