cbotb

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Our Family Grew By Four Feet...
















This is Sadie... she is our 14 week old Cockapoo,
The kids have wanted a dog for years, really, literally for years now,
but I have always been able to put it off and tell my kids a million reasons why we can't and shouldn't have a dog!
Having a dog/puppy is a huge responsibility and I knew that I would be the alpha and I knew that I would ultimately be taking care of the new little pup, can I tell you I was more nervous about this dog than I was having babies, raising kids seems so much more natural to me, but a puppy......oh my, ... I've never been apposed to having a dog, BUT, I always wanted a good dog, a well behaved dog, not one with personality problems, so I knew that "good" training was the only way to get a "good dog", which would fall on me, so I had to mentally gear up for this, again I didn't put this much mental preparation into having a new baby!
So literally with alot of prayer, (is that weird to pray for a dog?) and alot of studying, we even read books about dogs for FHE, and research, and taking to friend who have well behaved dogs I knew the time was coming, but finding the "right" dog is tricky, we knew we wanted a cockapoo, (a mix of a cocker spaniel and a poodle) because poodles are the smartest dogs, we wanted a smart one, and they don't shed, and they stay small, and they are good family dogs, we wanted a female because males tend to be more territorial and we had to have a red color dog to match Lynzie's red hair,
we love redheads! With all that being said, bringing someone new into your family, you want that new someone to fit in...
I can honestly say, I think our prayers were answered,
I think Sadie fits in well, she is very sweet, it's fun to see all the kids bond with her and love her, even Kurt is a big softy...
there is more to the story of how we got our little Sadie but I'll save that for another time.
Welcome Sadie!
p.s. Don't be scared Catie, you will love her!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for dog owners! You're going to love her. Also, we have a great house training trick - remind me to tell you - works like a charm. :) Oh, and we hope Kurt is feeling better.
Loves!

Cook Family said...

She looks very cute! Congratulations!!

Unknown said...

Oh biy! When Olivia sees this she is going to really be on me about getting a dog...maybe I wont tell her. :) I love the name Sadie. That is one of the girl names on our list!