cbotb

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy 75th birthday Dad...






YW girls camp Gilmont 2009







Wow,

What a whirlwind of the last week and a half!
I was planning to go to Utah to celebrate my dad's 75th at the end of the month
but
then he called on Monday and said
"plans have changed we need you out here this Saturday"
so
I flipped everything around, jumped on a plane,
and
was enjoying my family at IHOP over breakfast late Thursday Night!
.
.

There is something about going home to Utah
that is so relaxing and healing to me,
I can always receive better insight and things seems so much clearer to me,
I guess just being with family at the base of the beautiful mountains,
(or on the mountain, if your staying with my sister)
the air is clean, and the water is good
where everything is slower and calmer
and there is beauty everywhere you look...
.
.

We haven't been together as a family for over 4 years since my brother Steve passed away and so that is why I jumped at our window of opportunity to go to Utah,
I didn't know how I would feel doing our traditional "family picture" without Steve, and was a little hesitant, it's kind-of funny but that is the one thing I dreaded most is taking a picture with out him and I have worried about it for over 4 years!
I kept thinking how lopped-sided it would be, since there has always been 4 girls and 4 boys,
a lot of thoughts went into that picture, but after looking at it, it feels okay to me, not so lopped-sided because after all Steve is always with us in our thoughts.
I still miss him though.
.
.

After Utah I jumped right into girls camp...
as many times as I have been camp director this year was my favorite!
I loved the camp, the Young Women, the theme of camp this year, and I love the leaders that I was surrounded by...
I will always cherish the years I've been able to spend camping with
Candice and Caitlyn,
it's so fun to see your daughters in a purely spiritual element, I think that's when you really see who they are and what they are becoming, it's like a little glimpse into the future!

Blog ya later...

2 comments:

Cook Family said...

I LOVED going with YOU! You are so right about it being a little view into the future, and I think we are in good hands with wonderful young women! Did I mention I LOVED going with YOU!!!! And I LOVED being with ALL the girls! And I LOVED going with YOU and ALL the fabulous women of our Ward and the Stake!

Jean said...

What a week and a half you've had!

Great action pictures. The family picture is a heart ache for one to be missing. Maybe we could figure out a different way to pose instead of a straight line. Just a thought. Yet, there will always be his place where he should be.