cbotb

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

How "Sugarbucket" came to be...

When Kurt and I were dating over 18 years ago.....
I didn't want him to call me sweatheart, or sweetie, or honey, or baby, or any of those generic names,
I wanted something unique and special, for example, on Valentines Day I didn't want red roses and a box of chocolate that you can buy at the last minute on every corner, I didn't care what it was as long as it was different and unique with a little bit of thought into it, and so one day when we were talking about this, Kurt stops and thinks for a minute with a smirk on his face and a twinkle in his eye and says ;
"okay Sugarbucket"
I'm guessing I'm as sweet as a big bucket of sugar !
(I'm sure you'd guess that too....right?) Anyway , so the name has stuck all these years!!!
I really love Kurt, he has always been so good to me, which is even more amazing because sometimes.... okay, often times... I am not so good to him!
I always think women get too mushy when they go on and on about how wonderful their husbands are;
I always think Why are you telling us, tell your husband!!!
But today I'm going to say it..............
Kurt, my husband is AMAZING!
I'm lucky to have him.......really because there's been a few times over 17 years of marriage that our road got bumpy and I thought, I'm not enjoying these bumps !
But all in all ---- I love my life !
Blog ya later.....

No comments: