cbotb

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Steve....


It's been nine years!
and, 
although my heart is not ripped out like it has in the past, 
it's still intact, and beating.
it still hurts....
because, sometimes you want someone here instead of there!
 and sometimes life seems a little unfair because of that.
but,
 that is just my opinion!

I really like this Santa Clause...
one,
 because he is full of detail and he's wearing a green suit instead of a red one, 
he has a lot of character and details and I like that about him.
 One year when Steve and Heather were married they always made the coolest gifts.
they didn't gifted me the Santa but.....

(Thanks Heather)

 Heather had made all of us girls a Christmas swag with unique California pine cones, that she picked up from California.....
these pine cones are flatter like a flower instead of those long tall pine cones that we are use to seeing everywhere everday,
I've always tried to keep mine special and intact. It's quite fragile after all these years.


It reminds me of the good ole' days when Steve was happy with his little family.
He brought a happiest into my life, and into others lives and seemed to lift my burdens by just reminding me "not to sweat the small stuff," that is a gift if you ask me,
 cuz not everyone has that ability!
I like this Santa, it reminds me of Steve
and, 
that makes me smile....


*this is one of my favorite picture of Steve and his little son Arik,
who I think was about 2 or 3 years old at the time.
(we just came across it a couple of months ago!)
Steve traveled a lot all over the world and so when he was home, he was home and enjoyed his family,
I think this picture kind-of says it all.
I can feel the love just jumping off the page.

pictures can speak a thousand words sometimes!!!
don't ya think?

we still love and miss you everyday Steve.





No comments: