cbotb

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I was once a streetwalker....

Or rather, 
I would walk up and down the sidewalk of our street to the corner and back!
(see the black telephone poll on the left, that was the corner)
I had this beautiful white slip, it was soft and had a little frill on the bottom,
it made me feel pretty, and so did those shoes! 
Ohh, the shoes.... they were the best!!!
They were my great-grandma Sardoni's shoes,
they had an open back, and a little opening in the top of the toe,
they were too big of course,
but 
I loved them because they made a clicking sound on the pavement with each step!!!



As you can see, my mother was like really pregnant with my little sister,
I think Liz was born a few days later,
I always thought my mother looked so cute pregnant with her 5th child,
(although I'm sure she didn't feel so cute!)
 so, she would sit and watch me walk up and down our street,
I would just walk-n-talk to myself the whole way...
this is one of my earliest memories of childhood.


This is my great-grandma Elizabeth Lindsey Thomas Sardoni,
two of my daughters are named after her,
(I even wanted to name one of my sons' Thomas)
and
 I bet... my grandmother was wearing those fabulous shoes in this picture!?!
it was my blessing day at church.

We lived in Davenport Iowa for 3 years while my dad was going to Palmer Chiropractic School
this is a picture of him when he graduated!
and he's still a chiropractor to this day, he's amazing like that!


*we are standing in almost the same spot!!!

I grew out of my "streetwalkering" days
 but, it was fun while it lasted!




2 comments:

Lowry said...

So fun to read and see what you wrote. You do such a great job. It was a fun part of familly history. Keep posting, love what you do. Love ya all, Dad, Lowry

barbiebharris said...

Hi Julie! I remember those days in Davenport! You were such a cute little girl--always happy and smiling! I enjoy reading your blog, and keeping up (kindof) on your family! Your children are darling, (beautiful), and so grown up! I would love to see all of you!! Love, Barbara