cbotb

Thursday, September 16, 2010

so sometimes things aren't as they might seem....

I called Kurt this morning pretty dang excited
because I knew, that today was the day that I'd get to see him again,
but
I just didn't know at what time he thought he might be rolling in...
(it all depends on how much sleep he gets the night before, depending on how long he decides to pull over and sleep)
When he said " I got four hours of sleep" I knew he must be pretty close to home!!!

so, he said, "what are you doing now"?

Oh, nothing,

"Do you want to come with me to drop my load in McKinney"?

.........Uhmmmm YES!

"Okay, he said, I'll call you in about a half hour
do you want to walk up to the corner and across the street and I'll pick you up there,
that way I won't have to bring my big rig into the neighborhood
and
we can get on the freeway easier"!

Sure!, I said,
it sounded like an adventure and after the week I've had,
I was up for an adventure......
.........of any kind!
plus,
I was willing to cross two streets uphill all the way in a snow storm barefoot,
to get to see my husband
whom I haven't seen for a week!


So, I get the call, and it was almost like a first date,
even after 19 years of wedded bliss, I still get butterflies...

I started walking, and there he is....
I can see the big green beautiful truck, it's a wonderful sight to see,
he gets
to the corner faster than me,
he is pulled over in the turning lane with his flasher turned on,
I pick up my step and walk a little faster...

I'm waiting to cross at the light, and oh, it seems to be taking FOREVER,
I'm looking around and I see this car waiting at the light too and a nice looking gentlemen is looking at me and looking at the trucker parked across the street and I can just see his mind turning,
he's putting two and two together,
or so he thinks he's putting two and two together,
he's keeps looking at me, and looking at the truck kind-of in amazement
oh,
did I mention I was still wearing my work-out clothes,
so that really wasn't helping my case either!

So,
sure enough,
I start walking across the street and the poor confused man is driving slow and totally slows down to give me a crusty look, right before I jump in the truck!

it was rather an awkward moment.

when I told Kurt we both started laughing,
'Lot Lizards'
are what they call them, if you know what I mean.


It's funny cuz sometimes things really aren't as they might seem to be!
or maybe they are...



3 comments:

chrissy said...

ha! julie you crack me up!

Lowry said...

I'm glad you are having fun. Keep it up. Love ya all, Dad

Jamie Rogers said...

and sooo romantic, way to keep the fire burning you two firecrackers!!!