cbotb

Monday, February 08, 2010

(today was the last picture in the last folder)

Grandpa, Candice, Grandma....
.
This was the first night Cj flew into Salt Lake City,
Liz and Craig picked her up at the airport,
then met my parents up in Heber for dinner....
she looks happy doesn't she!
.
I knew Candice was suppose to go to Vernal,
I just didn't know why.......until now!
.
It's amazing....
and yet, not so amazing, when you think about it,
how things fall into place sometimes,
amazing to us, but then again not that amazing ,
cuz the Lord has it already figured out,
but sometimes we find ourselves amazed and in awe anyway!
I guess what I'm trying to say is,
Candice is doing great and is even talking about staying next year,
there is a college across the street from the High School,
where they let the students take college courses,
so she could graduate with an associates degree from a nursing program
at the same time she graduates from High School.....
after talking with her counselor and weighing all her options,
there are a lot of opportunities for her, it's a win/win situation....
it's so weird to watch your daughter grow up,
I mean, really growing up...
and making big girl decisions about life,
She is amazing.
.
Candice gets to go to Washington DC next month,
and among all the historical things she will experience,
she also gets to spend the day on Capital Hill visiting with the Senators,
I love that she gets to learn through life instead of just reading about History in books...
then in June, before she comes home she is going to Hawaii.
.
I miss Candice so much when I am driving home,
I turn the corner and see her car sitting there,
every time for a split second my heart skips
and then my head remember she isn't here...
I am happy because she is so happy!
.
Tomorrow I get my stitches out..... (hopefully)
I'm glad cuz there starting to itch, and it kind-of bizarre to eat food,
I've lived off of protein smoothies for the last few weeks,
but, I sure can make a mean smoothie now!!!
.


1 comment:

Jean said...

I'm happy that C.J. is happy!
I'm telling you good things happen in Vernal. Lots of opportunities.
Lots of extra special people.