cbotb

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Mt. Timpanogos

(folder 2, picture 2)
A few summers ago, on a visit to Utah,
I woke up early and drove myself to the temple,
to meet 2 mission companions,
this is my mom's temple district,
altho, there is a temple in every direction from her house,
......it's hard to choose!
There is something about Utah mornings,
they are beautiful and crisp and they smell so good,
so, I parked my car and walked up the sidewalk,
(just typing this makes me cry, because looking at the picture, I can still smell and feel it)
so, it is so breathtakingly beautiful that I am snapping pictures as I am walking because I want to remember how it looks and feels forever,
the grounds are amazing as always, the morning sun is rising over the moutains
and it's just about more than I can take in!
there is a family waiting for their bride and groom to come out,
and at that moment my heart swells and my testimony is strengthened,
I love how you can feel the spirit outside of the temple as well as within.
I also love that a few days later, we gathered as a family at this temple
and did temple work for my dear old big brother...
I sure do love temples,
I love the pure simpleness of sweetness that calms your soul,
and talks to your spirit.
.
I need to go again soon!



I love you Mt. Timpanogos Temple!

3 comments:

Judi said...

we were just there this past week with robert and his friend..and you are right. there is something so extra special about even walking the temple grounds and now that we can go with robert and his friends my heart too swells with such love and gratitude for the gospel and knowing that we have the truth and our families are with us forever...
love you julie...thanks for your posts..i hope that when you come to utah again that we can all get together!

julie said...

we sure will,
what a sweet experience to be able to go with your firstborn......and so sweet that he gets to go Italy, the best mission in the world!

Erickson Fam said...

beautiful pictures Julie!