cbotb

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

our foreign ex-change student

I'm not goin' to lie,
I have a pit in my stomach,
.
.
I just bought an airplane ticket for Candice,
she's flyin' on a jet plane in exactly 10 days,
she's going to be a foreign exchange student,
in Vernal.........Utah!
(yes, because it will be foreign to her!)
She has the opportunity to go to school for the last quarter
with her cousins and live with my sweet sister and totally get spoiled by all my family!
I'm excited for her, I really am, and I've felt good about our decision to let her go,
I'm excited for the opportunities that she'll have there, that she can't experience here....
but, now that it's really here, and the ticket is bought, it's reality!
I'm going to miss her so much, and it will make me homesick but happy at the same time!
It's just so weird to me that she's growing up.....
and sad... sad that she's not my little "gink" anymore,
with her squeaky voice and blond curly hair,
now she's old enough to adventure out and about in the big world
and
I don't know if I'm ready for that!!!!
sigh...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My parents were supportive and allowed me to be an exchange student my senior year of high school. I was gone an entire year and I was in a foreign country (some people think Utah is foreign). But my point is this, it was the BEST thing for me. I LOVED my time there - it was life changing for me. And you know how great I am :) :)

I only see fantastic things for your Candice. :)

Judi said...

Yay for Utah! She will love it here! How exciting for her and sad for you! It will be great for her and she will love and appreciate all of you so much more.
I am going through the same thing. Robert leaves on March 3 and I'm dying inside even though I would never tell him that. Just writing this brings tears to my eyes. What am I going to do with out him?
We will do what our mothers' did...
cry, miss them, spoil them until they leave, then pray for them daily and know that the Lord will watch over them!
Hugs! Tell Kurt hello!