cbotb

Monday, August 24, 2009

1 down 263 to go....

Have you seen that commercial of the little girl getting ready to get on the bus for her first day of school, she's of course nervous and sad, then her mom hands her a card, when the little girl opens to read the card on the bus, a whole bunch of beautiful butterflies fly out the bus window and of course it makes the little girl smile and happy and then she's ready to face her first day of school.....well, Spencer and I saw that commercial together a few weeks ago, and me trying to be the funny one that I am, I said "oh that's precious, I'm going to do that for you Spencer," knowing that he, being a boy would think that is a dumb girlie thing, but instead he said, "mom, I need that cuz I'm kind-of nervous for 5th grade!!!!!!!
So, thinking what I could do for him, I knew we had two problems;
#1- he doesn't ride a bus to school
and
#2- how was I going to get magic butterflies to fly out of a card and out a bus window so beautifully?
Well, I did the next best thing.....
I drew a butterfly on each of there hands this morning, and it seemed to work, they were pretty excited for school!

You know how I feel about 'school' and the tight schedules that it brings with it,
I have a hard time even saying the 'word',...... I'm still in denial!
I love the lazy days of summer....
I did feel a scents of relief when Candice and Caitlyn drove themselves to school,
there just might be light at the end of the tunnel,
maybe....... just maybe this year will be a little easier!

(I think I'm really going to go all out and have choc-chip cookies for them when they get home!)

2 comments:

Judi said...

Oh yes...it does get so much easier when they can drive themselves! I was nervous the first few times with Robert, but then it was such a relief not having to take him everyday...now I have Brian, who could take the bus, but wants a ride in the mornings so he can sleep in more (don't blame him), and some days he'll take the bus home. Only 6 more years and he can drive himself too....
I think I need that card tommorrow with Robert starting college! For me, not him! Have a great day!!!

Erickson Fam said...

wow! your baby is driving to school, I can't even imagine. How cool is that!!

263 day left.. not like you're counting or anything - hehehe!!