cbotb

Monday, October 06, 2008

President Kimball said...

(I came across this article and absolutely loved it!)

In the New Era, Oct. 1975
President Kimball says to "Write your going and your comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements, and your failures, your impressions and your testimonies. Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully.
Your are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life....
What could you do better for your children and your children's children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?"

After reading this, it really rang true to me, I have always been a journal keeper, since the 4Th grade.
I love to write and express my thoughts and feelings. It's therapeutic for me.
One thing I have learned is no matter what seems small and insignificant at the moment, when you read back that small insignificant matter is no long insignificant, it becomes a heart touching experience that you have long forgotten, but re-reading it again helps you learn great wisdom from it! That has happened to me many a time! I have had experiences that I thought I would never forget, but after re-reading I have remembered that I forgot!!!
I have keep more than one journal at a time;
*A daily journal.
*A picture journal.
*A once in a while, big moment, what's happening in the world journal.

I've always tried to keep up on the milestones of each of my kids, especially when they were little, so keeping a journal in one way or another has always just been a part of me, it helps me keep centered.
I absolutely love when I can read an ancestors diary, it gives me a sense of closeness to that person and a love because I realize that we both have the same feelings, but mostly it gives me incredible inner strength because of what they have accomplished and overcome and there true love, strength, and determination for the gospel.
I need to use this blog for the opportunity and blessing that it is, and what it could be.
blog ya later or.... journal ya later?

2 comments:

Jenae said...

This is good. You could post it on "Word of Wisdom Wednesdays"

Jean said...

I appreciate this message. Keep them coming. Love, Mom